Tuesday, February 9, 2021

A FaceTime Call

 


I was working at my desk when a FaceTime call came across my phone. A welcome reprieve, smiling, I snatched my phone up and stepped out of the office.

Catching up on the call, when she said, "Hold on... Jeremy's home."

"Hi Jeremy!"

"Jeremy, it's Dawn!"

"Jeremy... it's Dawn..."

"Jeremy, it's Dawn..."

I hear Jeremy walking up the stairs over the phone, when he asked, "Who is it?"

"It's Dawn!" 

"Oh, hi Dawn!" he yelled. "Hi, Jeremy!" I said back through the phone.

This isn't my daughter I'm talking to, this is my 3 year old granddaughter, Sofia, who likes to use our first names. lol 

She is so funny and I love FaceTiming with her!! She gives me the low-down on everything. In fact, every time I pick her up for a date, the first 5 minutes in the car is her sharing everyone's details: Daddy cut his finger, mommy hurt her foot, what brother did, what her cousin said, what she ate, etc. She talks fast, almost as if she's been bottled up wanting to tell me. [I'm laughing] There's no secrets with this one! 

She showed me a picture she painted for me that will go on my frig. I asked if she would paint a 2nd picture for me for my office, too. Of course, telling her she is very talented and I know she would win every painting contest, every coloring contest, and how fast she is at running. 

I asked Sofia today if she like the brownies and her face twisted up as if she didn't know what I was talking about. She asked her mommy and mommy said the brownies were all eaten up! [I'm still laughing...] I can see it all now, fresh baked brownies not shared with anyone. Hey, when you're super pregnant, sometimes you just don't want to share, and clearly she didn't! 

Asking Sofia what she wants to do for our date this week, she said she wants to play ice cream store. This is where she brings out several cartons of ice cream and makes me a bowl of ice cream. She eats more than I get. So, I stopped at the store tonight, we now have 7 different kinds in the freezer. 

When I answer a FaceTime call and her beautiful little face is on the screen happy and ready to chat, my heart bursts with love! She is a hoot!! I cannot wait to see her.