Sunday, November 29, 2020

Serendipity

 


I didn't know then it was serendipity...

I confess, when I came out of a 3+ year dating sabbatical, I met someone and became utterly besotted with him. It wasn't because I hadn't dated for years... it was him. I fell enraptured with him and something inside me came so alive. I didn't see the end coming, but it did. 

My dating sabbatical is over and I'm ready for a real relationship. Desperately wanting to meet a guy organically, I've refused to go online and I am so glad I didn't. 

A month ago, I met someone, although I had no idea that I had "met" him until our first date. It was serendipity as we laughed and shared our first meeting encounter, he said the moment he saw me, I exuded joy and pheromones. I remember bouncing in happiness as he approached me and conversation flowed. 

Our paths have crossed several times since and each conversation was lingering. He always remained professional and polite, knowing he was intrigued I wondered when he was going to ask me out. So, I gave him his perfect segue and he ran with it. In fact, he was very spontaneous, which is a quality that keeps life fun and I said, "Yes!" to the date.

Loving the fact he is my age (50 yrs old), I know he's smart and successful; however, I didn't know how successful he is. 

As besotted as I was in my last dating relationship, he is with me. I was caught off guard at his sweet and genuine confessions and my mind drifted to a very familiar place where I recently was. My heart felt conflicted, but I like where he is at and his intentions he bestowed on me.

I admire his intellect and while I knew he was successful, I didn't realize how wealthy, wealthy successful he is. He never said this, but living in the most elite private neighborhood, an entrepreneur in wealth management buying and selling companies, multiple golden parachutes, he buys companies with cash. His mind stimulates my desire to always know more and do more and I feel like a sponge taking this new level of business savvy in. I like he always has multiple projects going on and when I offered a suggestion, he smiled and said I can do it [at his business]. 

My brain is fully alert. I'm listening, learning, and he is speaking of the future with me in it and I've been on his mind for the last month. He couldn't wait to kiss me and hold my hand. 

I'm not sure if I am in the twilight zone, but I am going to open myself up to the possibility.