Sunday, November 8, 2020

My Boudoir Photoshoot

 


bou·doir
/ˈbo͞oˌdwär/
        noun
  1.    a woman's bedroom or private room.


This is not me in the photo, although I did do this pose. This pose was about as fun as doing a plank! Lol  In fact, most poses felt like planks. 

Yesterday, I did my boudoir photoshoot and let me tell you, it was more fun than I ever anticipated! 

The first 1-1/2 hours was in hair and make-up. They asked what look I was going for, when I showed them my outfits and said edgy and racy. My make-up was smoky eyes with cranberry highlights and sparkle to complement a deep red lipstick and sultry added eye lashes. It was bold and was truly the look I was going for. 

My hair parted down the middle with soft, long curls gave that special je na sais quoi when it comes to boudoir. I saw a couple of my photos on her camera and I was surprised that was me. It was me, but younger, racier, and edgier. It was me in my youth, she's still there. 

Back up... it's my daughter's step sister who's photography expertise is boudoir. When I knocked on the door her husband answered, who I have never met. He said, "You must be Mariah's friend." I said, "I am Mariah's mom." He said, "Are you kidding? I thought you were like 30 years old?! OMGosh, I need to hug you then!" I officially love her husband! 

Multiple outfit changes and I'm betting she took 500 photos, I was happy to hear her say I am easy to photograph and she'd like to work with me again. When it comes to volunteering and electives, I'm your girl! You want to try different shots, call me. 

My girlfriends I've mentioned this and expressed they've thought about it before, but have never done it. 

Ladies... inside every woman is a want to be beautiful, desired, feminine, and captured. You do not have to go public; rather, keep it quiet and private if you choose. I promise you, one day, you will forget what your body looked like. 

If your more modest, where something modest and go for "suggestive" in your photos. This isn't trashy, it's you beautifully captured. 

Short videos were taken, too. My photographer took 7 second videos in different poses. One shot was on the bed looking over my shoulder, sliding my strap off and at 5 seconds my eyes opened and looked into the camera. She will give me a compilation of these videos she created capturing my experience with her. 

As I was leaving she handed me a gift bag thanking me for trusting her. It was filled with girlie fun things: a fabulous face mask (one I have been wanting to try), lip gloss, a hair mask, makeup application sponge, and misc. items. It was a lovely touch ending a wonderful experience.

I simply cannot wait to see what she captured. 

My motives are pure and my methods often questionable; I believe this has been my life's motto.