Wednesday, April 29, 2020

What a Journey


What a journey it has been since I decided to sell our family home two years ago right before Brooke graduated from high school.

I didn't want to lay roots down again and with my newfound freedom becoming an empty nester, life could take me anywhere I wanted.

The last two years have been a beautiful transition.

I love being an emtpy nester. Brooke & Alex got married, Rowan (my grandson now 10 months old) was born, I landed a successful career where I got the Salesman of the Year Award for 2019, I've gone on several vacations, and my brother began his new church. My new home church.

Two years ago, my transition began after I sold our family home in a luxury apartment community filled with perks. Then, buying a condo and it falling through 3 days prior to closing, resulting in my apartment already being rented, my needing to move out, and my parents condo was the perfect segue. They are snow birds and have been in Florida all winter.

They are driving home now and tomorrow I get the keys to my new home. What timing!

It's been a journey God knew I needed. He provided each step and to my new home. It's so beautiful and I cannot wait to get in and make it my own.

All this waiting and it's here.

Tomorrow.