Sunday, May 3, 2020

Moved In


I am moved in! Moving is not for the faint of heart, it is about organization, endurance, and a team. A huge thank you to my mom & dad who are both work horses on the constant move to clean, haul, and help me through this whole process. 

This was the easiest move I've ever done since 75% of my possessions were already boxed up in storage. Thank you, Jesus, there were no mice or spiders from the storage unit. That was a huge fear and I didn't want that coming into my new home. 

My storage unit had moisture bags hanging to absorb moisture, which worked fantastic and I totally recommend. I had clear plastic sheets completely covering everything to eliminate dust and the I had a wall of mice spray inside the entrance garage door. 

Professional movers are worth the co$t. Quick and efficient, with straps to tie down and throw blankets to keep things safe, they had me moved in 4 hours. 

I forgot how much I have and I forgot about several pieces brought into my new home. 

It's been non stop for days and unreal to wake up, put on coffee, and turn on the television. Today's tasks will be hanging decor on walls. 

The biggest surprise for me is the family room. It's the one room I couldn't wrap my head around and make a final decision brainstorming color themes how I want to paint this room, but with my furniture in it, it's perfect!! 

It's been two years since I've mowed and I was looking forward to it. It's great exercise and a sense of accomplishment when it's finished. I stopped three times while mowing as surrounding neighbors came out and said hello. What a nice neighborhood! I've met five houses worth of neighbors and everyone seems to have southern hospitality. They all know each other in every home, seem very close knit, and I appreciated their conversations and warm welcoming. It was fun to gather in the middle of the street and talk for no less than 30 minutes. 

In the past, I've been a wave at the distance neighbor because I didn't like my neighbors. Here, they know each other well, help each other out, make homemade Christmas gifts baking for one another, and come out to be friendly. 

Sunny and warm outside, as I am talking with my neighbors, here comes Mariah & Jeremy and my grand babies walking down the road. Less than one mile to their home, it's neat to have to stop by walking. Sofia is all about the pool and her bedroom with her big doll house my mom brought back from Florida with her. 

With windows open for fresh air and warm breeze, it was a good afternoon mowing and visiting and what a better way to cool down then filling my claw foot tub with cool water and dropping a fragrant bath bomb in it. It's the moment I've been excited for and so relaxing. 

The move went fantastic and while I have the remains of things to put away, I'm super glad I am taking next week off to get settled.