Sunday, January 27, 2019

Loves vs. Loved



I caught myself as I was writing a message this morning to Chef's family, I had an epiphany.

Chef kept his family close and provided for them by providing job opportunities for them. His ex-wife, Sheila, whom he has a solid relationship with, works as a banquet server. Jacob, the father to his grandchildren works as his right hand in the kitchen and has for many years. They have been on my team working events. I never did get to meet his fiance.

Proof reading my message I was sending to Sheila and Jacob, I couldn't just say, "You are in my prayers." He was my friend and I wanted them to have comfort knowing how highly I thought of him and wanted them to know how proud he was of his family (Chef & Sheila have adult children and grandchildren).

A snippet of what I wrote was, " ... Chef loved his family and he was crazy about his grand children."

Loved.

Was.

Past tense. That is when it hit me.

Listen, pay attention, lend me an ear, hear what I am saying so it isn't forgotten, one day ... when I pass on from my life here on earth do not tell my daughters and my grand children that I loved them and was crazy about them.

I fear I would storm all over heaven and send lightning bolts.

Tell them, I love them. Tell them I am wildly, madly, crazy in love with them. One day I will be released from my earthly body, but I will be very much alive in heaven and my love for them will last forever and always.

Life on earth is for a moment. Eternity in heaven is forever and don't think for a second my love will die because my body did.

Please don't talk in past tense to my family.

Happy I hadn't sent my message to Chef's family, I changed loved to loves and was to is, because he does love them.

Love doesn't die.