Sunday, April 2, 2017

Nothing Happens to Me, Everything Happens for Me


It has been 13 years that I have had the same bedding set in my bedroom. I am such a creature of habit and I get comfortable with what I have until its been too long; however, in my defense, I've never sat on my comforter and it has been in excellent condition because of that.

Being a creature of habit and for so many years I thought my life was truly going to change. It was supposed to, so I held on waiting ... and the years continued to slip by.

Keeping my eyes open for well over a year the perfect bedding set, I found it today.

It is beautiful and it is perfect and my bedroom is about to begin transformation.

There is so much change happening in so many aspects of my life. 

Nothing happens to me, everything happens for me.

Things that were intended to destroy me, became the catalyst for blessings in my life. I am being carried and I have so many questions, why? 

I loved my life. I thanked God for my life, all the time. I kept my eyes on what was good and prayed through what wasn't good. I gave everything I was and my loss felt worse than a death, because death isn't a choice. 


My feet being gently set in my new life is filled with details I had forgotten. Details I have been praying about, details captured in my prayer journal. As if God said, "I heard your prayers, here you go ..."  

It is wonderful. It is unfamiliar. 

The hardest part for me was letting go. 

The secret of change is to focus all of your energy not on fighting the old, but on building the new. 

Those little things that meant so much to me I held out so long for, I'm not waiting on anymore.