Monday, December 1, 2014

I am SO Hot!

I am SO hot!  

No, no ... not in the narcissist kind of way, I am hot flashing!! 

Once I had heard if you are highly physically active hot flashes will stop. The last I had a hot flash was the end of last winter. Due to a very physically active summer, all flashes have stopped until about two weeks ago.  

It's kind of like an internal thermometer that gauges I need to get moving. 

I want to move. I want to feel my muscles burn. I like to sweat. 

What I don't like is being anywhere and inconveniently breaking into a sweat, needing to shed layers of clothing, rolling down car windows for fresh cool air because I feel as if I have ran the Monument steps when I haven't! 

My muscles ache anyway from lack of intense use.  

I would rather have these internal triggers than not and be complacent. 

I would rather my muscles ache than the scales gain. 

I would rather hot flash young and handle it like a champ than hot flash old and suffer. 

You see, I have an internal gauge (hormones & muscles) that will let me know when my maximum heart rate has been reached. No need for high tech gadgets when my undeniable internal system craftily created by God says, "Get moving or sweat anyway!" 

I am comfortable, then raging hot, suffocating and sweating. Peel everything off and in two minutes the flash is over I am suddenly cold from being under dressed. Repeat. Repeat.  

When I flash I feel a little overly emotional and suddenly I want to cry about something. Anything. Pick a topic.  

Doing a bit of research to understand all this, WebMD says, "It's like PMS, only amped up -- crying jags, happy happies, cranky crankies. These are common in women around the time of menopause. And if you had bad PMS, the hormonal changes that happen during this time may cause even bigger mood swings."

When I feel like I want to cry, instead of talking about the topic that pops in my mind first, I consciously have to let the moment pass to see if there is validity to it once the amped-up emotions cool off. 

Understanding all this empowers me to beat all that is going on creating havoc inside me. As a girl who is stimulated by challenge, I accept this fate and am set to conquer this internal chaos to the best of my ability.