Monday, December 8, 2014

Sammy Blue

Last night at 7:00 p.m. with mommy, daddy, sissy & sissy in the private room kissing Sammy Blue, holding him, telling him, "I love you's, you are such a good boy, you are very handsome Sammy Blue, handsome like daddy and I am going to miss you ..." Sammy Blue went to sleep.

Our hearts broke.

Each of us loved and cherished Sammy beyond measure. We adored him, gave him a 14 month little life of a million kisses, snuggles and love.

He was a beloved baby to all of us and suddenly our home feels very empty.

Sammy Blue wasn't a pet, he was a member of our family.

I was not at all prepared for last night to happen. I hoped a prayed every day we were one day closer to his healing and rebounding good health. I never anticipated his little death to hurt this bad.

I confess, I am not an animal lover. I never have been.  I've had many pets through the years, liked some and did not like others. Never bonded with any and only had pets for my daughters sake.

Sammy was our laughter, unconditional love, adoration and snuggles. He was all things perfectly routine, such a sweet boy, never messed with or damaged anything, met me at the door every day, was the 1st little snuggle for me every morning, talked to me in squeaks, and had a cuteness about him that caused him to be kissed to death each day.

He was the perfect complement to our family and gave the grand title of daddy to David in our home. He was our 1st baby together. Researched, picked as a family together, I was not about to let him die overnight while we were sleeping, alone.

Together as a family, we each took our private, alone time with him, thanks to David's guidance.

He was so sick and we did everything we knew. His veterinarian had come to the end of his own knowledge as to what was so wrong with Sammy.

Sammy kept staring off into space, sick. Moments before he was put to sleep, he turned his head, looked at me and lifted his paw. Mommy always held his little paw, it was how I put him to sleep when he was a kitten.

My heart broke.

Our home feels empty.

Someone very important is no longer here.

Sammy Blue was one of my *perfects* in life. I thanked God countless times for him and I hope he greets me in heaven at the door as he did every day in our home.

We love you, Sammy Blue. You are such a good boy! You are a very handsome boy, handsome like daddy.

<3 <3 <3 <3