Thursday, December 18, 2014

Something Pretty Amazing

David is planning something pretty amazing, a 3-day surprise getaway for me. Us.

No clues. Just what styles of clothes I need to pack.

He is jumping up and down inside ready to burst like a boy at Christmas, but all he will say is, "the best day ever is about to happen!"  He happens to say this every day.

I have never seen him this excited about anything. He has a calm disposition pretty much about everything and last night he was slap-happy and playful in excitement.

All I want is to be in the car driving out of town with him.

I feel as if stress knots are waiting patiently to release the farther we get away.

Different destinations, perfectly executed on an I'm certain tight itinerary that will be calculated down to the minute and mile.

Think I'm kidding?  Round-trip, including all perfectly coordinated destination stops = 1228 miles.

He can plan, calculate and keep us on a schedule that keeps him in balance.  I will be glowing in delight being the mindless passenger to whom all things have been created for.

Thrilled I do not have to make a single decision.

Rested in being swooped along on a magical vacation created for me.

Us.

Lost in him.

Three days together.