Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Thanks, God!

Some moments happen in life, the world seems to slow down and I become so aware of the beautiful picture in front of me ...

Tonight is Wednesday night date night. Dinner was our typical healthy with a super yummy sugar cookie for dessert. The kitchen cleaned up, a candle lit in Christmas scent, the lights turned off but for the Christmas tree glowing softly in the corner and the warmth of the fire in the fireplace creating the perfect touch of ambiance as we anxiously turned on the 2nd to the last episode ever of Sons of Anarchy.

Have I said a million times, "I love Wednesday nights!"  I do.

Brooke comes out of her room with an electric keyboard and she wants to play for us two songs she has learned.

She sits on the ottoman and her fingers struggle to play the keys.

David listens and I know he is capturing the tune in his head and he goes over and sits so naturally next to her and plays the tune she is wanting to play.

They are both laughing trying to out play one another, but as time slows and my awareness is heightened, I see my little girl trying to learn to do something musical she is passionate about and David slides right next to her to show her, teach her, poke fun with her and they laugh together playing music.

I captured this happy moment in my heart, the many ways he fills a role in both my daughters lives.

I see the patient and loving man that he is. Time invested in my daughters. The way he provides so well for all of us.

I see my little girls heart that has healed so much this year and she loves David. He is the bar set high that she compares others to.

She needs him.

They both love music and watching them compete and play the keyboard together brings lots of laughs and I think of how far we have come learning to be a family. Broken from tragedy to healing and a new life together.

There is something so incredibly sexy about watching him play the piano. It's a side of him I am just learning. Another talent revealed.

Thanks, God!  Know whom to thank.