Friday, March 12, 2021

Online Dating

 


The online dating experiment continues to be a surprisingly fun and a positive experience.

With five upcoming dates and constant communications, my brain clicks into full gear, and I am awake between 4:00 - 5:00 a.m. every day. New messages continue to arrive in full flow, and they cover the continental United States. Let's be honest, I'm not interested in dating someone two hours away, let alone someone really handsome 2,000 miles away.

Also, I'm booking a couple weeks out, which is so funny, and I'm honestly having the best time! 

Two believe they are in a relationship with me and while I am having so much fun, I'm going to have to have honest conversations with them. They are simply too young. 

My daughter and I spent the evening together last night. We went shopping and to dinner at a favorite restaurant up north. "Soooo, how's dating? You know I read your blog..." She's funny and she doesn't beat around the bush. She wants details, she wants photos, and she wants to know mostly about the younger ones. 

Well... one has fabulous lips. It was the reason I agreed to an initial date in the first place. I'm such a lips and hands girl when it comes to a guy! Even though he is out of my designated age category, his lips are so amazing, I agreed to a date. Let's be honest, I wanted to kiss him. That's it! Within two minutes he pulled me in his arms and kissed me and it was far better than I even imagined. This one is serious, now emotionally invested, and I know he is all in. Me, I want to kiss him one more time... then let him go. We are in two totally different places in life. He is where I was decades ago. A single dad with full custody raising his boys. He is serious about life and will make a solid husband to a young girl who is in the same phase in life as he is. I know he is going to be hurt and I feel bad. His boys are the same ages as my grandbabies, no thank you, I've already lived through that phase in life.  

Brooke asked for photos... her eyes flew open, she smiled, and fully agreed, he's really good looking. I know!

The other young one... smart, witty, super funny, flirty, charming, cute as can be, and really wants a real relationship. He's all in, if I gave him the opportunity. I see where he is in life and he impresses me, but he's young. He is an old soul and would make a fun life. In 10 years the age gap would be glaring. He said, "I know how to make you fall in love... all I have to do is make you laugh." That caught me off guard for a moment and he is so partially right. 

I don't care what a person has, how lavish their lifestyle is, how big their company is, and I am not impressed by dangling assets. That's all so superficial, shallow, insecure, and not a healthy foundation for a real relationship. Comfortable, yes. But, that stuff doesn't speak to the place in my heart I want filled. It doesn't speak to my soul.

Make me laugh, make me fall in love, speak my love languages, and speak to my soul... that's where the magic happens. I already have everything I want and need. This is the only piece I am now ready for.  

I'm especially excited for this weekend, a couple of my new dates are handsome, successful, and good looking grandpa's! There is something about a seasoned man, with a great body, and grandkids that is so incredibly attractive. Both seem solid and genuine, so I'm kind of hopeful.

In all my fun, all I really need is to just find the one