Monday, March 8, 2021

First Dates

 


I made it through three 1st dates this weekend. 

In summary... They are all really nice guys that are professional and have their lives together. The ones I had the highest expectations for, I left unimpressed. The one I hesitated on even meeting, continues to impress me. 

Date 1 - The one I knew from a long time ago who went in for a kiss within 2 minutes. This one, I actually kind of had higher expectations for, I found to be ignorant throughout the evening and kept trying to kiss me. Super nice, super sweet, clearly cannot pick up on,"Yea, too early" and my non-verbal lack of interest. 

Date 2 - I was seriously hoping he was as attractive as his photos. Stunned, in person he was actually better looking. Super good looking guy, nice body, wildly successful, lovely date, and so funny that I laughed out loud the entire evening at his basically stand-up comedy and a few times wiped away laughing tears. This date lingered for hours. The entire time, I was ready to leave. WHAT?!?! I know! In everything he has going for him, I am not impressed by "things". Definitely superficial and pretentious, that doesn't impress me. It's a turnoff. It sends off insecure vibes and I know I wouldn't even like his elite group of friends. Superficial isn't real. Money would definitely be comfortable, but it doesn't speak to my soul. 

There is a place in my soul I know will recognize the one who speaks to and fills this piece in my life.  "Oh there you are..." 

Date 3 - Sweet, charming, cards on the table, and I know wants a serious relationship with ME. Too young. He would be amazing for maybe 5-10 years, then the age difference would be glaring. You've got to give it to the hunters, his pursuit did get him a date. 

It was an entertaining weekend to say the least.

Three down, more to go.