Wednesday, March 10, 2021

A 1-Year Anniversary

 


It was one year ago today that I arrived home from vacation and started the Keto Diet hardcore. I believe it was at 6 months that I had dropped 50 lbs. 

One year later... my lifestyle is totally different. Keto-cycling is where you can eat what you want, but you maintain a healthier eating lifestyle of low carbs, healthy fats, and high protein. I know exactly what to do if I want to lose.  

Five months ago, I incorporated strength training and fell in LOVE with it! So ridiculous, but last week when I came home from vacation and went back into the gym, I had a moment with the barbell. The music is loud and as I reached down to pick up the barbell, I realized I was smiling and couldn't quit smiling. The same thing happened when I landed in Florida. Walking outside the airport in warm air in the middle of winter, I realized I couldn't quit smiling then, too. 

Even though I've lost 50 lbs. strength training is truly changing my body beyond weight loss. My favorite clothes no longer fit and have become to baggy. I'm glad I started in October for this summer preparation. 

I am still hopelessly in love with my morning bone broth + collagen + avocado protein shake. Every single day. I've also perfected yummy protein energy balls, which are better than cookies! 

**Almond butter, honey, flaxseed, chia seeds, almonds, walnuts, unsweetened coconut,
dark chocolate chips, sunflower kernels, cranberries, raisins and oats

Use your favorite ingredients and put them in the fridge, no baking required. They are perfect with a cup of coffee. 

Thanks to the Keto Diet (the healthy Dr. Josh Axe version), everything has changed. Not just my body, but my health and my mindset. Food is medicine to your body. Dr. Josh Axe is an excellent writer and I am a huge fan. A healthy lifestyle allows you to be and feel your absolute best with the perks of excellent health screenings, high energy, and I while it's rude to say it, once you understand it, it's ignorant to not incorporate it. His book Ancient Nutrition is a simply must read. 

One of my New Years resolution's this year was to add new fruits & veggies I wouldn't normally try. I never knew I love bell peppers. Now I sauté them and have them for dinner and I love them to snack on. I'm super excited for fresh markets to open with springs fresh local produce!

Today is my 1 year Keto Anniversary. What a year, what a journey, what a transformation. Happy Anniversary to me. 

It was totally worth it.