Saturday, March 6, 2021

First Date Woes


Oh, I know I look calm on the outside and this evening I will put myself together, look pretty, and feign being engaged in conversation. I'm not sure how it happened, but very stealth-like I was talked into a dinner date. 

I hate 1st dates. I always have. When my girls were little and I was a young, single momma, I cancelled many first dates at the last minute and the ones I did go on, my girlfriends talked me into. I am at my best in the throes of relationship, not dating, and H--- to the no on first dates. 

There is a 2% expectation rate that I will genuinely be intrigued and interested, even though he has impressed me thus far, and has been well-vetted. 

Perhaps, I booked too many first dates this weekend and I know within the first 2 minutes if I'm interested or not. This is horrible. There is only one person I can be fully engaged talking to up to 5 hours at a time and still be 100%; otherwise, my I'm maxed out at one hour.

A first date last night, we knew each other from almost two decades ago, thought he could kiss me within less than two minutes of seeing me. Yea, you're done. So, I enjoyed where we went and the activity, just not him. 

Thank God for the peace and quiet of my home that I can shut down the white noise and regain my balance.

I'm tapping into Patty Stanger dating tips from forever ago... if it doesn't click, redeem the time by finding something you enjoy about it whether it's a new restaurant you've been wanting to try, a new drink, a new entrĂ©e. 

Initial messages, texts, and phone calls are easy... first dates are a set up for the 98% chances of rain and disappointment. That's why God made coffee dates. At least I like coffee! ha ha