Sunday, May 17, 2020

... And Some Etta James


What an accomplished weekend! My new mattress and couch arrived, a full truck load of mulch delivered, and the weekend became a blur of activity.

Heartfelt, love, adoration and appreciation to my Dad who has not stopped doing renovations and painting at my house. This house is definitely a reflection of me thanks to his hard work. 

Much thanks and appreciation to my Mom who has also not stopped helping in any capacity needed. She is my Dad's assistant during the day and cleans up behind him and she has helped me tirelessly cleaning out massive flower beds and even spreading mulch.


When she lays in the grass to cool off so she doesn't pass out, I may or may not say, "DNR! Do Not Resuscitate!" I know her wishes. ha ha 

Thank you to Brooke, who helped mulch for four hours with no complaining. This is the new and improved married version of the former Brooke!  

A huge thank you and much respect to my son-in-law, Alex, who does landscaping for a living, and worked circles around us. 

It was a major team effort and we still are not done. We worked until we physically couldn't anymore. We were back at it today and there is still more. 

More thanks to my Mom & Dad, I can mow my entire yard on the 50" deck, zero turn Toro in rabbit speed in 18 minutes. 

I'm tired. Everything hurts and I have found the most wonderful way to cool of and relax. In the middle of the day with the windows open, I fill my claw foot tub with cool water, get an icy drink, turn on some Etta James, and lay back and relax. 

It's perfect.