Monday, May 25, 2020

Hot Summer Day's Charm



My home was built in 1935, in 15 years it will be 100 years old.

With that said, it has been completely remodeled inside maintaining the original charm. Recently the carpets ripped up to the original hardwood floors, which are in perfect condition and reflects the character of the home.

The windows open in a neighborhood filled with adult trees and landscaping, the sounds of the outdoor wildlife almost sounds like a jungle. I couldn't love it more and I prefer to listen to the nature versus the white noise of television and music.

This home is filled with windows giving a bright and airy feel. The wrap around deck, fresh iced tea brewed in the sun and today hot and 86, brings out the character in this home. I thought about turning the air conditioning on, then I lose the sounds of nature in this nostalgic home. Thankfully, all the upstairs rooms have ceiling fans.

My dad finished the wall renovation and painting project yesterday and I am SO grateful for his talent and perfectionism that he made my vision come to fruition. It looks even better than my vision.

It's fun to personalize a home and I confess, sometimes I walk all around just looking in awe that it's mine and it's so much more than I ever imagined.

We opened the pool and looking inside the tiny house, I found two deck umbrellas absolutely perfect for my patio, since I have two patio tables.


Adding airy flowers to my deck, I find it's another destination I just enjoy being surrounded by.







I do need to re-pot them, but there is only so much time in the day. 

Oh my goodness, I woke up to two ducks floating in my pool. Opening a pool is a whole new experience I am learning and I am grateful for the tiny house filled with pool toys and a solar panel. 

Grateful for Memorial Day and so happy to have the day off, Happy Memorial Day world wide web.