Saturday, October 6, 2018

Patience Pays Off


Patience pays off and it's been an exciting week for Brooke! 

Brooke and Alex got their apartment with all the requirements and pricing she was specifically searching for AND she has been hired as a manager of a restaurant she has liked for many years!

Not to mention, after hiking yesterday, she rescued a kitten on the side of the road abandoned in a box she is bottle feeding.. Bottle feeding because it is so tiny and far to skinny. 

I gave Brooke "the look" and she started laughing, knowing I was questioning her story of finding the kitten on the side of the road. While I know my daughter will go to the grave in an "it's my story and I'm sticking with it" mentality, Alex calls me fearless and when I looked at him and asked the question, the poor kid, shared exactly what happened and by his non-verbals I knew the story was true. 

Brooke will rescue any animal in need, she has a heart for animals. 

Brooke in her adult mind is really reconsidering keeping this kitten, because she has so much going on right now with a new job, moving into their new apartment, and they were more about choosing the 2nd pet as soon as they are established and ready they want to join their family, less spending a lot of $$ on vet bills for a rescue.

She is in heaven bottle feeding this kitten.