Thursday, October 25, 2018

Empty Nest: Day 1


The sunshine is pouring through the window on my writing desk. Formerly Brooke's bedroom now transformed into Sofia's bedroom/my writing room. All-inclusive with a bathroom and walk-in closet.

The move yesterday went so much faster than I imagined, while Brooke had so much more than I imagined. Between me, my parents and Alex's parents, these kids are set up pretty nicely and their apartment has so much personality!

My daughter is a class act. She worked hard moving, was gracious to her helpers and planned to buy everyone dinner. Once things were moved, I left Brooke & Alex to put their things away. Had I stayed, I would have told Brooke where I thought things should go. This is their moment together. Their home.

My first night at home was different sleeping with my bedroom door open. I had kept it shut because of the cats. 

This morning I woke up and made it to the coffee pot without cats under foot begging for morning treats and in all things that give me balance I began cleaning like crazy.

It started last night after the move transforming the bedroom into a whole new look. 

Then, I couldn't sleep because I had so much I wanted to do and was up at 5:30 a.m. cleaning e v e r y t h i n g free of cat hair, moving things into Brooke's large walk-in closet which is now a fabulous extra space for me, and going through my cupboards and refrigerator. My gosh, I have a lot of excess food for cooking for several people and visitors. 

I'm thinking Monday's will be designated $5.00 gyros at Papa Gyro's, Wednesdays will be $5.00 sushi and I am thinking I'm going to have to learn to shop for just me. 

My girls now live 5 minutes from each other. What a blessing! I can make my rounds and see both my girls and grand babies. 

I woke up really happy and it makes me smile that the sun is shining. I knew it would be.