Sunday, August 26, 2018

Supermodel Gorgeous

9:00 a.m. - Breakfast for out of town family and friends (80) with the bride & groom the morning after the wedding.

11:30 a.m. -  Brunch for a baby shower (50) where no expense was spared in any detail.

1:30 p.m. -  A bridal shower (40) on the patio overlooking the golf course.

Mimosas, breakfast buffets, delectable pastries made by the chef, me closing my eyes in pure enjoyment and praising his skill. I always tell him he is my favorite person, and he says I should surround myself around a better group of friends. I always reply, "Nope, they can't cook like you. We have to be friends forever."

I genuinely mean it, his skill is incredible. He appreciates words of praise and I always end up with a take home box or two of his work he insists he prepares for me.

This morning was busy, my feet hurt because I like to wear heels and after several hours of being a polished hostess, sometimes I just want to come home to relax and rejuvenate.

I suppose I could have found time to work out and become supermodel gorgeous, but I've come to realize, I pick and choose when it's important to me. There are phases where it's my focus and calorie counting apps become my friend after several weeks of starving adjusting to low calorie intake. Then, there are phases where I eat, drink, and enjoy without guilt, savoring what I want when I want.

This afternoon, before I could do a single thing for another person, I slipped into my floating chair in the pool where the sun was hot, the water was refreshingly cool, my book made me laugh out loud, and my Starbuck's coffee was the perfect jolt of mid-afternoon caffeine I needed.

I still feel like I live on a vacation resort.

Showered and refreshed, I am ready to face the day like a woman to works hard, knows how to quickly rejuvenate and jump back into this beautiful summer day.