Friday, August 10, 2018

"Happy Birthday, My Sofia!"


Where did her first year go? I remember my daughters phone call and the sound of her voice at 3:00 a.m., it was go time! Being present during her labor, the excitement when I was asked if I wanted to see the color of the top of her head and before I knew she was a girl and the thrill I felt when I saw her long dark hair.

The moment Mariah shouted, "IT'S A GIRL!" because she was the first to see looking down as Sofia came out. Sofia's first cry, the first time she was in my arms, I couldn't wait to smell her and breathe in her scent, and the moment I kissed her velvety face and lips and told her how much I love her!

Praying and thanking God the whole time.

I loved her before she was born, I met her August 10, 2017 and fell hopelessly in love with my grand daughter. 

One year and thousands of photos later, I am grateful for the relationship I have with her, because of the time I have with her. 

Oh Sofia, how much do I love thee? More than the stars in the sky, the grass on the earth, the leaves on the trees and the sand at the beach. I'll love you forever and always, because your my little one.

Happy birthday, Sofia! 
xo