Thursday, May 3, 2018

Rainy Day


Rainy day, what a blessing you are!

I love the rain! I've put the name Raine as a name option for my grandchild (girl or boy) with a star by it. Perhaps, I love the names of nature like I've named my own daughters, Storm (Mariah's middle name) and Brooke (brook).

The air is humid as I walked in the door after work this evening. The house quiet, Brooke at work, and my first initial thought was to close the windows and run the dehumidifier.

Then I thought, no ... it's perfect.

I opened all the windows and I can hear my wind chime play it's music in the breeze, and I watched the rain fall, listening to it's soothing sound.

The grass is so green, my flowers are popping up from the ground, I love to see their life. My flowering shrubs with their bright green leaves getting larger every day.

Closing my eyes, I can hear the birds. There are so many. You don't hear them when your eyes are open and your looking at a television or your iphone. Sight drowns out their song.

It's beautiful and I am grateful sitting here, in the peaceful quietness of an unrushed evening.