Monday, May 14, 2018

Between Two Addresses

My home is for sale and I've run out of checks.

I'm caught between two addresses.


I have my apartment address, you know, the one with the "Aha!" moment and all the bells and whistles? Well, my home hasn't sold and while they will hold my brand new, never lived in apartment until August, I can't help but wonder if the delay in my home being sold is divine intervention.

What if I'm not meant to be there?

Isn't it odd to think of selling your home, the one that has been your oasis and you've raised your family in not really certain where you'll go after 15 years of residential stability? What is Plan B if my home sells and I've released my apartment? 

While that should be the forefront of my mind, I find I am worried more about ordering checks and wondering what address is going on them, as if anyone even really uses checks anymore. 

It really is an odd transition and somehow I am at peace knowing where ever I land, is exactly where I am supposed to be. 

A resort-style swimming pool, tiki bar, patio grills, a state of the art fitness center, movie theater and free 24/7 Starbucks sounds logical. Then, I think while this new oasis has a dog park, if I had a neighbor with a barking dog, God knows my Christianity would be tested.

What comes next is meant to be.