Friday, May 25, 2018

Momma to the Rescue!

I was in a meeting on a conference call when a text came through from my mom, "Mariah called, Sofia's been crying for 45 minutes!"

Then, came a phone call from my Mariah. She always Facetimes and I knew the phone call was different. Stepping out of the meeting I answered the phone to Mariah crying, that she was having a really bad day, and the baby won't stop crying ..." my sweet girl needed her Momma.

Assuring her I would be there directly after work, canceling plans, I was on a mom mission to get to my daughter. Sofia is teething, miserable multi-symptoming, but it was my little girl that needed me most.

Regardless whether they are 9 months, 2 yrs, 15 yrs or almost 23 years old and a mom herself, there is a sense of urgency that is triggered when you hear your child cry.

A teething, miserable baby makes for an exhausted momma. She needed a shower. She needed to go to the bathroom without Sofia falling apart. She needed to eat without shoveling food in her mouth. She needed to get something accomplished, and I know she could use a good weeks worth of sleep.

Standing in my arms for hugs, soft kisses on her cheek, it was my Mariah who needed her momma most.

I told her to get out of the house for some quiet me-time. Take Jeremy and enjoy that alone time. I have Sofia. She wanted all of us together.

Sometimes a girl just needs her mom, no matter how old she is.

Jeremy brought a delicious dinner home after work. A gorgeous evening and a walk in an absolute beautiful park, her disaster of a day turned out just what she needed.