Saturday, March 17, 2018

#Twinning

My Mariah and my granddaughter, Sofia are twinning!



Mariah is a wee bit older in her photo than Sofia in hers, but their similarities catch me off guard all the time.

Sofia makes expressions Mariah used to make as a baby that I had completely forgotten. People say, I'd love to have a day or a few hours with my child as a baby again, I get that with Sofia. She is so much like her momma.

During our Facetime lunch date with my girls, Mariah shared that Sofia angry yelled at her for the 1st time. And ... it begins.

In fairness to my granddaughter, she cannot talk to convey what she needed which clearly lead to her frustrations. Perhaps she was hungry, her diaper was wet, and her 2nd top tooth that popped through was aching. Perhaps she was cold on top of all the above. I'd angry yell.

I can imagine the shock on Mariah's face when realization hit of what just happened. I'm most certain her eyebrows shot straight up in the shock of the challenge. My expression, her expression, and weeks into her little life, Sofia's expression.

[Grand]momma will be the voice of reason and the one who talks both my fiery girls off their ledge and speaks reason into their rationale. The head-butting begins at 7 months old.

WORDS OF WISDOM: My sweet Sofia, your mommy is beginning her journey of raising her mini-me in all things. What mommy will exhaust herself putting up with, daddy won't. Don't angry yell at daddy. Daddy is way calmer and teaches you patient hands. As mommy is learning to raise her little self and will battle herself in her own mind facing future head-strong battles with you, daddy will be zero tolerance. They both have strengths in their parenting ways, learn quickly what works for one does not work with the other. When the battle seems fierce, come to Grandmomma's house for a time out, rejuvenate, let's do something meaningful and I will sprinkle in words of wisdom in a way your little heart can receive.