Wednesday, March 7, 2018

The Real Deal

I used to be a brown sugar instant oatmeal packet kind of girl. I loved the taste, the quickness of instant magic in a microwave and a splash of milk. Voila, breakfast is ready!

Choosing healthy options as I get older, I've turned to steel cut oats as the healthiest of the oat family options and add a delectable variety of seeds, nuts and fruits. Tastes so much better and I feel so much better. Internally, I know it allows me to run as a fine-tuned machine.


Perusing through the oatmeal selection at the store, I saw Dark Chocolate Coconut Almond instant oatmeal. Dazzled and impressed by the new flavor I purchased a box (almost bought a couple for convenience sake) and came home and made it.

The instant in all its glorious flavor combinations was nasty. The instant that I once enjoyed had a terrible texture, full of sugar additives and instant pales in comparison to the real thing. 

Once you've had the real deal, instant has zero appeal. 

My health thanks me.