Monday, March 12, 2018

Momma to the Rescue

Swollen and hurting from four wisdom teeth being removed + her monthly cycle + her dad's birthday = this momma needed to get to my little girl.

I arrived with a bag filled with a variety of ice creams and soups and a happy birthday balloon for my daughter to release and send up a birthday wish. Little did I know how much my sweet granddaughter would love his balloon. Fortunately, this grandmomma is more than happy to bring balloons.

Singles, bunches, all shapes and sizes, I like the wow effect.

At a healthy 25 lbs. at 7 months old, she is an armful of love ...


... laughter, happy screams, funny expressions, and kisses, kisses, and chomp!


Happy to come to the rescue, perhaps the beginning of a new birthday balloon tradition, my job was done and I returned home to favorite sushi he picked up, sunshine, and and someone very happy to see me. 


Spending weekends with him is a glimpse into life with him. I thoroughly enjoy watching him cook and I am not allowed to do a thing. He's comfortable and great in his kitchen, preparing meals from scratch (I find it relaxing watching), always a yummy dessert and special touches as he has prepared ahead of time and thinks of little details. I like that he prepares my plate in presentation and won't allow me to help clean up. He treats me like an absolute princess. One he cannot get enough of.

It's more than that. His actions surpass his words, yet he is like a fountain overflowing to express his intentions, thoughts and adoration. I wanted to find someone who shares my passions and interests and I found someone who wants to take them to the next level.

We are going to begin sushi classes and making our own ice wine.

I used to lead relationships, always waiting for others to step up and catch up. Now, I feel as if my presence is far more than enough and he takes care of the rest. I like that he is the man leading the relationship. I trust him and I am letting him to lead. It is his God-given role and as a woman, I want to see what he is made of.

Behind every good man is a woman who knows his worth, because he knows hers.

Perhaps, it should have always been this easy.