Sunday, November 16, 2014

Freaking Fashion Model

I prefer to wear a natural finger nail look for several reasons:

#1:  Chipped nail polish looks awful.

B:   Fashion magazines and celebrities always sport a natural nail look.

Choo choo train:   What a waste of money.

A few weeks ago I splurged to get my nails done for date night. What I really needed was my cuticles cleaned up by a professional and I wanted to sport a brazen red on my nails for a different look.

It was fun.

It was a girlie.

I'm ready to shed the red.

Shellac can be picked off as an alternative to going back into a salon and paying to have it removed (again, a waste of money). And I managed in curiosity to see if I could pick it off to lift a slight corner and with an easy pull, half the nail polish lifted off my finger nail in one easy piece.

You can't stop when something this great happens (saving money & time going back to a salon).

Here I am, driving to church today with the nail polish completely pulled off of one of my nails when Brooke notices and I agree and said out loud, "I know, I look like ghetto trash."  That was probably a bit harsh, but I'm still the girl who doesn't wear colored nail polish so I don't look chipped.

Brooke quickly defends me and passionately says, "Mom!  You drive a sporty car that nobody else has and are a freaking fashion model, you are not ghetto trash!"  [World, stop!]

Stop!  At "freaking fashion model."  Let me savor this sweet moment.

By no means am I a fashion model. More like comfort queen and over-wearer of my few favorite outfits.

I am casual jean wearing with a tendency toward sexy tops, a natural finger nail look, with simple princess cut diamond earrings kind of girl with long, flowing dark curly locks.

A more casual, classic look.

I am flattered my high school daughter thinks I am a freaking fashion model.