Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Surrounded

Surrounded.

Hedged. Encompassed. Fenced. Bordered. To enclose on all sides.

What do you surround yourself with?

I surround myself with the things I love. My faith, my partner, my family, nature, adventure, exercise and in routine.

I live in my world built on utmost respect and grand appreciation. I fervently thank God for every perfect gift and pray a hedge of protection over all things I love.

So many run around with their hair on fire, running willy nilly in no certain direction. Filling hours but not appreciating time. Buying and shopping to fill an emptiness that can never be bought. Lost to self, having forgotten the things that make them happy.

Some, in all kindness, make comments on what a blessed life I have. I hear their longing in words unsaid.

I am blessed. Blessed beyond measure.

I do not compromise, risk, jeopardize, play with or take lightly my blessings.

I do not take for granted all the good things in my life and I know to cover all things in prayer. It is me aware of every perfect gift, thanking a holy God. Knowing blessings not respected can be eliminated forever.

Know what you love (figure it out if you have to) and bask and surround yourself in it.

Respect it. Be lost in appreciation. Thank God for it and pray a hedge of protection over it. 

To surround.

Hedged. Encompassed. Fenced. Bordered. To enclose on all sides.