Sunday, September 14, 2014

80's to 60's

Ohio temperatures have gone from the warm and balmy 80's directly into the cool and brisk 60's and the shock of the temperature drop is felt in my mind, too. 

I LOVE autumn! I love the sunshine, the cooler temperatures, the romance of bundling up/snuggling up, sipping hot apple cider, hiking the autumns changing colors and the crescendo of the upcoming holiday season.

Many summers I have embraced autumn because I was exhausted from summer.

Not this summer. I am in my groove. 

I love to feel the bake of the sun on my skin, slipping into sandals and running out the door, sunshine until 9 p.m., open windows and fresh air, early morning bike rides in the cool of the day before the sun begins to bake, riding on the towpath and stopping for a cold ice cream cone.



I love that I have lost 20 lbs and my momentum, my metabolism and my body continues to change because of intense activity. 

I've always been a four seasons kind of girl. 

The breathtaking beauty of a snowstorm with a fire in the fireplace snuggled close together, the awaking of life in springtime, the warm embrace of summer fun and bright vivid beauty of autumn.

As much as I have ALWAYS loved and embraced each season, I am ready to relocate to a warmer climate all-inclusive with milder temperatures and year round outdoor activity. 

I don't want to lose momentum. I don't want to bundle up in piles of clothes and I don't want to sit idle and become a couch potato because its dark out at 5 p.m.

The calendar days are flipping faster than I prefer and the temperature is dropping far too rapidly for my liking.

Life shifts. I am ready for more year round summer fun and less frozen tundra.