Sunday, August 31, 2014

Put-in-Bay (PIB)


Labor Day weekend and we slipped away to Put-in-Bay, the little Key West of the north.

Wildly romantic and fun-filled, we rented a golf cart and David laughed hitting every pothole in the road on my side of the cart!   

We enjoyed a pina colada sitting in our favorite over-sized seat, the exact place where I told him one year ago this weekend, “I am wildly, crazy, madly in love with you!” 



We rented mopeds and raced all over the island, had a lunch on the beautiful patio at Blu Luna.



Heinaman’s Winery, eating ice cream, touring the island, gum spitting contests, walking hand-in-hand, the piers filled with boats of all sizes up to cigarette boats and yachts, I'm capturing every moment taking photos for memory sake. 

Our day winds down and we both agreed it was perfect. 

We find ourselves on the far side of the island by the lighthouse when I saw a field of flowers I wished I had captured earlier when the sun was shining on it. David told me to take the picture anyway and we are both glad I did ...


Magical are the days when we slip away together.