Sunday, August 17, 2014

... With God and David

How many times have I thanked God for David? How many prayers of thanks and protection have I sent to a holy God? How many healthy decisions and choices have I and do I make to keep our relationship safe, happy, healthy and respected every day.

The answer is countless.

I cover our relationship in prayer every day. It is me fervently covering what I love to my most trusted source of love, God.

Over the last few weeks something has changed ...

David has always given me his best, but he has stepped up his own game and speaks my love languages like a champ. As if he knows what I want and need to hear and feel and he provides. Always present and truly my cup is pouring over in love.

How truly blessed I am.

To love, admire, respect, crave, be wildly attracted to and crave my best friend in the whole world and have him.

When I was young, in the senior high youth department where we met, I vividly remember the youth pastor asking each of us to right down a list of wants we wanted in a partner. I smile at what that list must have read.

My whole life I believed in love, hoped for love, dreamed of an ultimate love. After a lifetime and decades of faith, hope and love being my significant driving factor, I found my perfect and he is far better and more than I ever dreamed.

I have fallen deeply in love twice ... with God and David.

Know whom to ask. Know whom to thank. Know whom to go to daily to cover and protect those you love most.

Me, I'm a pretty smart girl, I go directly to the Author of Love.