Thursday, August 21, 2014

Her 19th Birthday


Nostalgia fills my mind and I remember vividly the day Mariah was born. The details and the moment she was placed in my arms still takes my breath away. My gosh was she beautiful and perfect.

That was the beginning of unconditional love for me.

Fast forward 19 years later ... her 19th birthday.

I am thankful I was home, the living room staged with her birthday presents and a floral box delivery that I brought into the house for her arrival.

Curious, we both assumed it was from Jeremy.


We read the note together and our eyes locked in shock. 

Her daddy planned her 19th birthday gift before he passed away so she had something from him on her special day.

Truly a moment I will never forget. 

Her heart cried in the bittersweet moment of missing him terribly from listening to his voicemail messages she had saved until he could no longer talk early yesterday morning to relief that he made sure he was still a part of her birthday.

Well done, Eric!

We went to Gervasi Vineyard for dinner ... David, Mariah and me. Mariah and I enjoyed a lobster pasta entree and David had swordfish in a stunningly beautiful bistro restaurant.


Late last night, Mariah did what the new rage that all of America is doing, the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge in honor of her dad.

Timing perfect.

Happy 19th birthday, baby girl!

I love you,
Mommy xo