Wednesday, April 3, 2013

The March From H---

This month as been nothing short of an absolute nightmare.

I have dealt with two trips to ER for suicide ideation, wrestled a knife out of my child's hand, learned adult friends have been made on XBOX live and kept secret from me, worked with the police, sat through an FBI interview, endless therapist appointments, learned of severe separation anxiety, dealt with theft, anger, depression, a presence, my child in a 7-day intensive therapy program, the flu twice, safety proofed my home, insomnia, and last but not least, because that couldn't be enough, let's add head lice.

Head lice. My 1st experience ever with this. Yes, on the outside I was calm, soft spoken, and reassuring through the washing/combing process of my child's hair. On the inside, I was running around with my hair on fire in panic begging God to calm my spirit because I was about to freak out and climb out of my skin!

That is the high level, tip of the iceberg overview.

Many details fall beneath this ugly surface in addition to senseless other situations from a car breaking down, torn contacts, to the pieces of a treasured relationship smashed to hell even further, my girls struggling in their relationship and so on.

All this in one month.

No help. At all. While maintaining a new job. The hours I don't work, I don't get paid. No health insurance and the medical costs are adding up so fast, I no longer cared.

Goodbye March. This perfect storm tried to consume me ... it didn't work.

Headaches. Chest pain. Eye twitching. The results of my stress.

In the midst of life in turmoil, blessings came.

I knew the storm would pass, but each day brought it's own new element and their weight combined together was beyond uncomfortable.

The storm has died down after 30 days and 30 nights.

The storm was big, but my God is bigger.

Spring is ready to break through this extra long winter and sunshine always follows a storm.

Sunshine, I welcome you and your much needed vitamin D!