Sunday, April 21, 2013

Tax Season Blues

I am a "the beginning of February" tax filer. $how me the money!

Not this year.  This tax season started off the 1st of April writing a note to my accountant apologizing for procrastinating; however, I owe much this year (for the first time ever) and now I will be late filing. So please add the late filing fee to my mucho grande tax total that I will owe. I'm estimating $3-4K.

You see in 2012 I made a couple big decisions to have tax withheld on a few pretty substantial things.

In 2012, my thoughts were I will pay when I am working again.

Well, it's time to pay.

My account leaves a message for me to call him.  I'm in Indiana taking Brooke to her dad's grave. While it's already not a great weekend, let's just get the pain out of the way. 

"What do I owe?"

"The government owe's me?!"  He happily explains my taxes were looking pretty grim until he added everything up from my claims, to tax write-offs, to donations/contributions.

I would like my tax return e-filed so the government pays me a quickly as possible. :)

Thank you, Jesus!

Talk about being blessed and protected. This girl is covered in grace!