Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Mitt Romney Victory Rally!

Last night I shook hands with the future President of the United States, Mitt Romney!

As a volunteer at the GOP office in my community, I received a phone call several days ago thanking me for my volunteer work and asked if I would be interested in a VIP pass to the Mitt Romney Victory Rally.

Absolutley!

Okay, here's the funny part ... I wore a professional black dress, pearls and killer high heels. I didn't know this rally was outside and standing up. OUCH!

As an eternal optomist, at least I looked like a VIP when I spoke with Congressman Renacci and shook hands with Mitt Romney after his speech!

As the welcoming music became loud and Mitt walked off the bus onto the stage my heart was racing, my breathing becoming rapid, and I could feel tears in my eyes. Excitement that I was there and history was being made.

After his speech, Mitt Romney walked around greeting the front line of us in VIP. He shook my hand, looked into my eyes, smiled, and said, "Thank you for coming out." I warmly replied, "It's so nice to meet you. Thank you for coming here."

What a night! I will always remember it. Hopeful hearts embracing and celebrating needed change in America ...

 
Mitt Romney ...
 
 

View from where I was standing in VIP ...
 

Shakin' my Victory Rally pom-pom and my VIP pass ...


Four weeks until Election Day!