Sunday, October 21, 2012

An Invisible Wall

I am very aware in life when an invisible wall goes up that I cannot penetrate.

Typically, I ram the wall from every approach. Go over, under or through it with all my might. I am an obstacle overcomer. 

Now that I am older, I recognize much quicker when something isn't going to happen, no matter what it may be. Instead of being frustrated, I accept it and know it is my Magical Highlighter, and allow the peace of "it's not going to happen" wrap around me comfortably. This has been in many different instances in life.

Today it was much simpler, but I got the message.  There were only three things I needed at the store today. An end table for my living room I just saw on clearance that would be *perfect* in my living room, but I passed it up thinking I really don't need it. Well, I changed my mind and it was gone. Second on my list was the perfect lamp shade that was going to go on my new table and decided it was still needed even if the table wasn't going to happen. WalMart has had this lamp shade for years and today they didn't. Then, I needed Uncle Ben's Long Grain Wild Rice that I get at WalMart. Not available.

Are you kidding?!

There was an invisible wall that wasn't in my favor. My natural tendency would have been to allow aggravation to take over, but today I laughed and thought to myself, "okay, I get it." 

I walked outside to a breathtaking and beautiful autumn day. The trees are in full autumn color, the sun is shining and the air is warm. Suddenly, my list of three things didn't matter. Look at this perfect autumn day!

I really wanted that table, but I am comfortably confident it wasn't meant to happen. Nothing was in my favor this morning.

When things don't go my way, I'm sensitive to the invisible wall. It means give up and there is a peace with that. It's out of my hands and it's not going to happen, what ever it may be.

When my spiritual side seeks to be in tune, I am much more sensitive to things around me. I am more aware of those walls I am not meant to get through and there is peace and comfort with that.