Friday, June 8, 2012

The first official day of summer break and I now have a Junior and a 7th grader.

I wake my girls up the last day of school saying "Goodmorning babies and congrats on the last day of school!" My Mariah replies that next year this time she will be a Senior. Certain moments in life blindside me with reality. My Mariah a Senior?  Yesterday she just started 6th grade at the middle school.

Mariah asks early this morning, "Can I go to Cedar Point tomorrow with a friend?"  I reply, "No."

We go shopping for Father's Day next weekend, when Mariah finds herself a new shirt and asks if she could have it.  I reply, "If you are buying it."  I think that is shock on her face and I'm sensing I haven't said "No" enough to my girls lately.

The first day of summer break, its sunny & 81 degrees out, Mariah wants to go see the movie Hunger Games for the 2nd time.  "No."  Ohioans cherish beautiful weather, one doesn't sit inside a movie theater.

"What are we going to do fun today?" Mariah asks.  "This evening we are going to do yard work together" I reply with a knowing smile.

"MOM! That is not funny!" The first day of summer and her world is crumbling.

We are three women in a household. My little princesses are going to learn to be contributing members of the household this summer.

Let me practice ... "No. no. no. No and no."

I'm ready.