Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Low Battery

My laptop has a "Low Battery" window that pops up when it is about to run out of power.  It is my warning that I have a small window of time to plug it into an energy outlet before it shuts down.

How many years has a too busy life juggling work, school, kids, a home, everyone's needs minus my own seem endless and drain everything out of me?  Single-parenthood is a beast of its own.

Life happens and I give every area of my life 110%. 

Give.  Give.  Give. 

 Drained, empty, "low battery" is the result of giving without replenishing. 

"The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul." Psalm 23:1-3

The Lord is my leader, he will take care of my needs.  He makes me slow down and rest at home.  He has me be still.  He restores my soul.

The last three months off have been more than I could have imagined.

Thankful beyond expression.  Rested.  Restored.  Replenished. 

Plugged-in to the ultimate energy outlet, He restores my soul.