Friday, June 15, 2012

I Ran Today!

It has been one month since I was diagnosed with a tear in my medial meniscus and today I ran!

I am back up to walking 3 miles a day everyday with no knee pain and in my mind I am so ready to have no limitations.

The best part of running today is, I don't run!  In fact, the last time I ran was in my late 20's when I was on a baseball team, ran to first base and pulled the muscles on top of both legs. I made my brother carry me into the house, I really could not walk and felt like the muscles were ripped off the bone. That was over 15 years ago. I think that was the first time I ever ran, too!

Knowing I could not run due to an injury, made this girl who doesn't believe in running, want to run.

I also like to constantly try and do new things.

This summer has been filled with parks already. Tennis has been added to daily fun and I just bought a volleyball for the sand volleyball courts at the park. 

Fun in the sun!

Beyond thankful my knee healed without surgery!