Monday, June 25, 2012

Prattling Escapades

A sunny summer afternoon finds me sitting on beach-style chairs overlooking water in the serene setting of a beautiful, local winery vineyard with a glass of Sangria in hand prattling off my latest escapades.

Ahhhhh, girlfriend time!

Open. Honest. Raw. Laughable and cry able conversations shared in bonds that defy the years and has become our journey through this life.

The setting was our perfect oasis to relax and catch up on life's details.

Being what I am starting to call myself, a professional single, after 15 years, I share my recent updates on dating ...

One makes me fall in love between my ears with his voice and words I love to hear ... One is witty, funny with amazing communication skills that stimulates my mind. One is sweet, young and so handsome. One is a sleeper that pleasantly surprised me being so sweet and funny, like a giant teddy bear that lets me know he thinks of me throughout the day wrapped in my thrill of knowing he is an MMA fighter and trainer of 25 years. One makes all of my senses come alive!  One has my heart, but is not available. The others fall into lesser categories.

My heart is an open book to my cherished girlfriends. Dating is a lifestyle that sneaks up on you one relationship at a time that often overlaps through the years. It was never Plan A, but somehow became Plan BBB through the years.

I'm reading a book yesterday when the words jumped off the page at me, "She gave catch and release a whole new meaning. Again and again she would reel in Mr. Right then proceed to bash him over the head, scale him, gut him and throw him back into the lake for not measuring up."

Do I do this? Often times, yes.

Do I look for the first signs of something I don't like to release them? Absolutely yes.

Have I bashed them over the head for not measuring up? Sadly yes.

Have I gutted them and threw them back into the lake? Yes.

Seemingly endless opportunities is what dating is all about, but it does become a trap. Note to self:  Be nicer, play nicer.

I must say though that dating, prattling escapades make the best ever girlfriend stories to share! You laugh, you cry and often justify ... that's just what girlfriends do.