Saturday, August 29, 2020

There Comes A Moment


"What do you want in life...tell me what you really want... ?"

     "What do you think of marriage...?"

          "Could you let someone take care of you... ?"

                  "What do you want of  me... ?"

There comes a moment in a relationship where you can play it safe in guarded responses or be raw and honest. The later is a huge risk, but I know he is a safe place and I know he means it.

I chose to be raw and honest and he now knows my heart.

It's odd to have someone tell you every day to "please be careful" or a text asking if I made it home safely in a storm. It's him who is at risk every day and I reply, "Be careful, I just found you." 

I believe logically he knows I am strong and independent; yet, he wants to take care of me and be the man in my life. Another moment where a choice is made... will I allow him? Yes, and that will be work on my end and take some getting used to.

As we were talking about our children he shared, "There is one thing I want you to let your daughters know... I will be the one taking care of you and nothing will ever happen you."

To him, I am a treasure. To me, he is a hero.