Sunday, December 30, 2018

Goodbye 2018

I was surprised when The Today Show did a video highlight of all that happened in 2018. Surprised so much has happened in the last year, I stopped to reflect on my own year:

Job change. 
Brooke graduated.
Sold my home of 15 years. 
Settled and loving luxury apartment life, all-inclusive with a pool.
Job change.
Sofia's 1st birthday.
A years worth of 1st's for Sofia.
Mariah & Jeremy moved back into their home in our community.
Mariah losing her 2nd pregnancy, me having a grand baby in heaven.
Mariah pregnant again.
Brooke moved out. 
Me, an empty nester after 21 years of being a single momma. 
My mom having a heart attack.
Brooke planning her wedding for September 2019.
Me, debt to credit ratio = 0%.
My financial goals far surpassed.
Didn't use a credit card once in 2018.
Chopped all my hair off.

It's hard to sit down and remember all the blessings and storms each year brings with countless details not included, but 2018 was one of significant change.

This year is wrapping up beautifully. My place of employment was sold and as I found out this week I was kept on, my position under new management comes with many blessings and perks. It makes me reflect on how I got this job when I wasn't even looking and how God positioned me for blessings.

My life shifted in so many ways. Established and comfortable I look ahead and smile at 2019.

What New Years resolutions do I have and what goals do I want for 2019 for me, beyond my grand baby arriving in June and Brooke & Alex's wedding in September?

I want adventure.