Sunday, June 10, 2018

SOLD


When I wasn't sure if it was going to happen or if I even wanted it to happen anymore, things went from so slow moving to my getting a text all things approved and my closing date is in 10 days! 

I'm looking at everything in my home and came to the peace of mind, if the item/decor does not give me pleasure, it's not going in my new open and airy, big windows, and vaulted ceiling apartment. 

New season, new look. Only take what I love most.

After months of looking I found my new set of dishes. My first new set of dishes in 15 years and I knew it the moment I saw it! Why wait? I did a complement of two different sets of dishes, selecting my favorite pieces from each to use as one set of dishes. Both beautiful to bring change and a whole new look to my table. 

Washed and in my cupboards, my old set wrapped and boxed up for when Brooke moves out. 

I stopped by the new community that I am moving to and admired the pool that was put in, finished, and appreciate their lounge chairs and gas grills they have enclosed in stone poolside. I saw the glow of the state of the art fitness center and look forward to its convenience and unlimited access to everything any time of the day or night.

Grabbing a complimentary free, 24/7 Starbucks coffee and grilling my dinner poolside while chatting with neighbors. Monthly community events and unlimited use of the clubhouse, where Brooke's graduation party will take place, I look across my home and am grateful for it being exactly what it is, the home we transformed into us and I raised my daughters in. It was perfect for that season in life and I all the time thank God for it. 

If I had to stay, I would have focused on all those good things, too.

Seasons change. Life changes. And this new season is far different from the last 23 years. This season is not raising babies through teenagers to young adults. That wonderful season in life is right there, directly behind me. I've done that, loved it, and it took everything I had and was to do it alone. 

It's time and I am so ready to look inward at me now. Not a selfish focus; rather, a life built around everything I love, with financial freedom, life experience, passions, interests, and openness and desire to experience knew things. 

Looking in my cupboards at my new dishes makes me very happy! I am ready to purge and the next few weeks are going to be welcomely hectic blur.