Saturday, June 23, 2018

Life and Love


This photo is the wallpaper on my iPhone and when I look at this I cannot help but think life and love.

It was only yesterday, I was the young mom and Mariah was a baby. So many times I thought, "I'm sorry, I'm learning, and we will learn life together" because I knew we were both young growing up together and we did. 

Now, my Mariah is a momma. Motherhood is a God-given gift and it is instilled in her. She and Sofia are growing up together, too.

A young mom, figuring out life with the awesome responsibility of raising her baby. It's a beautiful blend of love, sacrifice, butting heads, doing things well, wondering if she is getting things right, baby steps, so many firsts, milestones, laughter, tears, hugs & kisses, hopes, dreams, faith, love and forgiveness. 

Sofia is happy. She is so well-loved. She is blessed to have a momma who is dedicated to protect her, teach her, and guide her as Mariah raises her own very best friend and clearly her little mini version of herself; yet, different in many ways. 

I see this photo as a momma and grandmomma and my heart bursts with love. I am so proud of my beautiful daughter, she is fully dedicated in the role she has been blessed in, and look at my granddaughter, I am so in love with her.

Time is like a vapor.