Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Tinted Eyebrows

I had a moment very much like poor Jack.

One of my favorite episodes of Will & Grace is when Jack was wearing an eye patch because he lost his eyebrow. When he revealed the truth behind the patch, it was so extreme that I burst out laughing and Grace on the show had to cover her mouth (not in the script) because she couldn't say her lines for laughing. 

It was all things ridiculous and it took nearly a 1/2 minute for them to collect themselves to finish the episode. A classic!




There I am finally making time (I am over six months due for this) to get my eyebrows threaded to find out the Indian woman who is an absolute perfectionist that I love so much relocated. 

I find another lady, not sure of her nationality but I was a bit nervous by the look of her eyebrows. So, I was specifically very detailed in what I wanted. 

Voila! She did well threading. Not the perfectionist of my Indian woman, but good in a pinch. 

She asked if I wanted my eyebrows tinted, explained the process and said it only lasts two weeks.

I agree to give it a shot, whats two weeks? [You know where this is going.]

Looking at her eyebrows, so I certainly do NOT look like her, I was very, very, specific in how I wanted them done. She lays me back in the chair and paints on the tint. I've never seen this process and as I laid there for seven minutes for the paint to fully absorb I peaked up for a look in the mirror.


This is not me, but this is nearly how I looked. My brain exploded in panic and terror. Imagine these garish looking eyebrows darker and wet in black paint. That is exactly how the process is. Who knew?

At this point, I had to be very specific informing her this is exactly the look I didn't want. "I said ..."

She is using something to soften these harsh lines on this nasty looking box-shaped brow and my mind was racing through thoughts of two weeks! Of course she would do this to me, look at her! Why on earth! OMGosh, Jack McFarland!

Eyebrows are supposed to look natural. Not skinny pencil-shaped, not painted, not box-shaped caterpillar. Natural. 

This won't happen again and I am finding my bossy, opinionated Indian woman who won't keep her comments to herself, because she is the ultimate perfectionist and at the end of the process that is what I want. Perfection.