Sunday, February 18, 2018

Simple Pleasures

When I needed Saturday, I got Sunday, too.

A day of needed balance and being refreshed trickled into today and I am so grateful. Grateful for my new home church that has me so impressed and learning so much each Sunday. Grateful for the sunshine and it being warm enough for a walk today. Grateful for Brooke & Alex celebrating their 4 year anniversary today, they've really come into their own growing up together. Grateful for a clean and quiet home that provided two days of rest, relaxation, favorite shows, and comfort.

Simple pleasures.

It had me thinking a lot today. What simple pleasures bring me ultimate joy? My Sofia. When her sleepy eyes open and she breaks into the most beautiful gummy smile happy to see me. Her laughter, her warm snugly & chubby body, and sweet kisses. The warmth of the sunshine. Being by water, the ocean, a lake, or river. Gliding across the water on a paddle board on a peaceful lake. A good book I am caught up in that I don't want to put down. Driving through the mountains and countryside with my grandmother and stopping to pick berries and flowers in the sunshine. The moment I sit on the seat of my bike with a bike ride ahead of me. Being in nature with the sights, the sounds, the scents, and an un-rushed afternoon. When you slide your hand into another's and its completeness is more than enough. Moments in life when you know you don't want to be anywhere else. When you have everything in front of you and nothing else matters. The moments in life when your soul sings and you simply say, "Thank you, Lord."

Those moments are the prize. Know their value, because their value is priceless.

Life provides a smorgasbord of opportunities, but I've never been a buffet kind of girl. I don't want countless opportunities, I want the simple pleasures in life that make me happy.

What moments make your heart genuinely happy and at peace? Fill your life with those things, they matter.