Sunday, February 4, 2018

Bird in Hand


Brooke and I went to a botanical garden and nature preserve yesterday to feed the birds from our hands. They eat best out of the hand when it is 20 degrees. Probably because it's too cold to hunt for frozen food at those temperatures. 

So there we are in nature in the mid-30's and our hands were freezing standing still for about 20 minutes. About to say I've had enough, I said a quick prayer, "Please send a bird to eat out of our hands. At least her hand, it's getting really cold and this could be a fun experience for her." 

About two minutes later a pretty bird like the one in the photo above, but more blue landed in Brooke's hand and returned to my hand about two minutes after that. 

A photographer captured a video of this and I am waiting to see it myself.

In the car Brooke said, "I said a prayer a bird would come and two minutes later one did." I shared with her I was praying as well about the same two minutes.

I'm grateful she knows to send a prayer for the little things.