Monday, March 6, 2017

A Hometown Visit

When I met his cousin last week, she is a professional singer, daughter of a famous musician, word spread like wildfire through his family that he met someone and I was absolutely beautiful!

His family blew up his phone for a week in the sweetest way and I had the opportunity to talk to a few on the phone before we met.

I found it almost impossible to believe it has been a couple of years since he has dated. Everything he naturally is, it didn't make sense. His family confirmed all this.

We took a road trip in the sunshine and went to his hometown to meet his family yesterday and I walked into a warm welcome.

I really, really like his family. They are close and hugging and warm-welcoming and loud and in each others business, and I instantly felt comfortable in my sometimes quiet way taking everything in.

His mom loves her boys and they are loving and good to her. She is kind and asked questions wanting to know me in a way a mom would who wants to know who has captured her sons heart. She anxiously anticipated our arrival and I instantly learned what was important to her and I learned more about him.

He was raised in a strong Christian family by a father who was a pastor and the whole family built on the foundation of their church.

I am learning about his dad who was his best friend and died many years ago. A man who held his son with a wild spirit accountable that became such a good man. Family is his foundation and I was honored that not only was it important to him that I meet them, but that they all blew his phone up so they could meet me.

Only those closest to me understand the significance of this to my heart.