Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Rare [Not perfect]

There are some pretty powerful statements that David has spoke over our relationship in the last week that captured my attention, even though I haven't said a word.

The gist of it was we were talking about someone being friends doing fun things together when in mid sentence he said, "We are buddy's ..."

buddy
noun
  1. A man's closest male friend; pal •During WWI this term took on particularly strong sentimental value
  2. A male's partner in work or sport
An old-fashioned term for friend that isn't used often. Referenced to me, it was a high compliment in "guy" terms.

We are buddy's. He is my best friend.

In mid-March recently we have been active in playing racquetball, playing pool [or is it "shooting pool?"], we've had a lot of fun playing ping-pong and just did our 1st run in 2015 up the mighty Monument steps last night.

Love and friendship is our foundation, we have fun being together. 

Last night he was explaining to me another couple who has a significant relationship when he said, "they have a rare relationship like us." 

I do think of our relationship as rare [not perfect], but rare. To truly be best friends with your partner, a significant life together, shared interests/passions, the things that count, AND have undeniable chemistry seems to be a combination that most strive to find.

Only God is perfect. 

Nothing else can be perfect, but David is still my perfect and my home. 

Buddy may be a "guy term" but I take that as a high compliment. Hearing he believes our relationship is rare, I know he knows our value.